Selling to Caterkids
Thank you for your interest in selling with Caterkids Hawaii, a Hawaii 501(c)3 Non-profit Organization.
We understand that raising a family costs money and the kids eventually grow out of everything - some never used!
Prior to selling, please review the information below to familiarize yourself with the selling process and contact us should you have any questions or concerns. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Appointments are recommended but not required. We do accept walk-in sellers, scan the QR code at the door or on the front counter to be added to the walk-in waitlist. Please note that priority is given to those with appointments. Book an appointment to skip the line. Seller hours 11-3, last check-in for walk-ins 2:30, (selling is) closed for lunch 12-12:45pm.
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT:
If you are unable to book your appointment or be added as a walk-in using the QR Code or web link, please try clearing the cache on your device, refresh the page and try again. If it still does not work see an employee for assistance or call us at 808-845-5575 where we are happy to set your appointment for you. Appointments can be booked max 14 days in advanced.
Upon successfully booking an appointment, you will receive a confirmation via text message, use the link provided to manage your appointment. Thank you & happy selling!
ITEMS WE BUY:
*UPDATED 09/08/23: We are (temporarily) not buying women's clothing, we are still accepting them as donations*
- Children's clothing size preemie to 14/16, women's clothing XS-XXL. Clothing limit one medium to large size bag, no trash bags or containers. Please fold sets together, heavily wrinkled items will be returned. New or like-new only, no stains, fading, excessive wear, pet hair or odors. All clothing must be laundered within 7 days of the appointment. Sorry, we do not buy used onesies/bodysuits.
- Children's footwear size 0-6Y, good condition or better.
- Baby gear (less than 5 years old, over 5 years will be at the buyers discretion or can be donated), high chairs, strollers, walkers, bassinets, jumpers, gliders, rocking chairs, carriers, safety gates, swings, mamaroos, dock-a-tots, portable sleepers, changing tables, playards, co-sleepers, feeding seats, bumbos, exersaucers, activity centers, cleaned potties, etc.
- Misc baby items: New towels & blankets, new pacifiers & bottles, new breastfeeding accessories & storage bags, travel accessories.
- Toys (two bags maximum), scooters, trikes, bikes, toy pianos, easels, basketball hoops, art desks, slides, outdoor play sets, kitchens, tool benches, ride-ons, etc.
- Women's clothing XS-XXL, no ball gowns, undergarments or footwear. Limit to one medium or large size bag.
- Designer hand bags, backpacks, crossbody bags & wallets: Kate Spade, Michael Kors, Tory Burch etc.)
Call us at 808-845-5575, DM us on Instagram @caterkidshawaii or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire on selling items not listed here.
ITEMS WE DO NOT BUY: (these items can be donated, donation receipts provided upon request)
Used car seats & bases, toddler beds, full-size crib mattresses, wooden cribs, used blankets, cloth diapers, bath tubs, some models of travel systems & strollers, used bodysuits & onesies, used mittens/booties/bibs, breast pumps, recalled items, broken items, incomplete items, designer look-alikes, baby gear over 5 years old, items with excessive wear or conditional issues.
HOW MUCH WILL YOU RECEIVE? (based on the estimated resale value)
Clothing & Footwear: Up to 30% cash, 45% store credit
Baby Gear: 30-40% cash or store credit
Used Toys & Misc: 10% cash or store credit
New Toys & Misc: 30% cash or store credit
1. Clean, organized items get higher offers, if Caterkids has to clean it, a cleaning fee will apply. If we have difficulties locating sets or items are inside out, we will most likely pass on them and move on as the next seller is waiting to sell.
2. Battery operated merchandise require working batteries or battery fees will apply.
3. Caterkids can only review one medium/large size bag per appointment (appointments are 15 mins apart), therefore, if you have alot of clothing sort through them picking out any worn, faded items. Customers like you love a good deal but want quality at a low price. No one BUYS worn items, give those away or we can donate them for you. Kids will be kids and not all clothing can be resold.
4. We typically look to purchase items manufactured within 5 years. Items over 5 years old are at the buyers discretion or can be donated. Safety is always the main concern.
5. We are non-profit but we are still a business. We do resell your items so don't expect to receive what you originally bought it for. As much as we'd love to do business with you, If you're looking to get full resale price we won't be able to accommodate you.
Here at Caterkids we take much pride in knowing that there are so many families that truly appreciate all the sellers, as it is those families that make it possible for other families to enjoy baby items and other necessities that they would normally not be able to afford...but also not to leave out baby stuff is expensive and it's nice to get a little back! Thank you for supporting your community!